Welcome to my first official “Scrappy Saturday” project! I thought I’d kick it off with a fun and easy project that anyone can do. There is no sewing involved, so if you love fabric, but don’t know anything about sewing, you too can make these fun and simple wall hangings!
This project will take about 15-20 minutes per frame.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
> Picture frame(s) (solid plastic or wood, any size)
> 1 medium duty staple gun
> Ironed Fabric (enough to cover the frame)
> Batting (enough to cover the frame)
- Lay your frame on top of the batting
- Cut the batting so it is approximately 1” larger around the perimeter of the frame
- Pulling the batting taut, staple around the perimeter of the frame securing the batting in place
- Secure the corners well, and trim all the excess batting to avoid bulk
- Figure out the fabric placement for the frame (do you want the design centered, off-centered)….by placing the frame directly on top of the fabric
- Cut the fabric approximately 1 1/2” larger than the frame
- Turn the frame over and secure the top of the fabric to the top of the frame with a staple or two
- Pulling the fabric very taut, secure the bottom of the fabric to the frame with a few staples
- Turn the frame over to make sure the placement is correct (fix if it isn’t)
- If everything looks good, turn the picture back over and secure all sides of the fabric making sure to pull it taut as you staple
- To secure the corners, pull one side so it lies at a 90’ angle
- Using your finger, pull the extra fabric back over the top of the frame so it makes a nice edge
- Staple in place
- Trim any excess fabric to avoid bulk
I made this one to put in my bathroom, it matches my towels and tissue box cover!