This week’s SCRAPPY SATURDAY project is a no-sew one. Actually, this one doesn’t even use fabric (although you could), but I really wanted to share it with you because it is simple, fun and offers endless possibilities for your picture displays!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
> Picture Frame with mat (I picked mine up at Ikea)
> Decorative Paper (I used scrapbooking paper)
> Glue or spray adhesive
> Sharp knifer (exacto or box cutter)
> Straight Edge
1. Take the mat out of the frame and lay it on top of your decorative paper
2. Trace the outside of the mat with a pencil
3. Using your straight edge, cut along your markings
4. Place the mat back on the cut piece of paper and trace the inside box (where the picture would go) with your pencil.
5. Using your straight edge, carefully cut this piece out, taking care to not cut past the corners
6. Check to make sure that the paper fits the mat perfectly
7. Glue the paper to the mat and place it back in the frame
8. Place your picture in the frame and hang!
Please ignore the ugly pipe! I am still trying to figure out a good way to creatively camouflage that! Ugly pipes are a challenge in basements of old houses. I wish I could just cover it up but it is a steam heat pipe and whatever I use needs to heat resistant.
I’m open to ideas!
Enjoy the project!