The response for testers has been wonderful! I now have all of the testers I need.
One bag, two looks! Keep the bag folded over for a more petite, trendy look and with a quick click of the clasps it turns into a more roomy messenger style bag. I was inspired to create this bag one day while out running some errands. Since this wasn’t supposed to be a shopping trip, I just grabbed a small bag that holds only my wallet. I purchased the few things I needed and found myself with a little extra time so decided to do a little clothes shopping. The few items I had purchased quickly became a nuisance as I browsed the clothing racks and I had wished that I had brought my larger pocketbook so I could store my small purchases. The idea for a transformational bag was born!
Now I can run out of the house with a small bag and if I happen to need a little extra space while out and about I can quickly move the strap into the top rings and double the size of my bag!!!!
The bag not only offers versatility in use, but in construction as well. Dress it up with home decor fabric, high-end gold grommets and fancy locking gate rings, or simplify it using brass/silver grommets and key rings! Or, you can go middle of the road with regular gate rings. Make the bag fit your budget and style!
Here are the details:
- You must be comfortable with your sewing machine and basic sewing techniques
- Experience with reading sewing patterns/instructions
- An email address that can accept a large zip/pdf file (the file is approx 4.5MB)
- Any level is welcome to test (I would like at least one person at each level)
- The ability to procure the required supplies & tools (see material list below)
- The time to finish the bag within the given time frame (approx 2 weeks)
- Willingness to supply me with a few pictures of the completed bag with the permission to use the images on my blog/website
- Willingness to fill out a brief post-construction survey, supply detailed feedback, suggestions and or challenges you had with the pattern within the given time frame (approx 2 weeks)
- Your promise to not share, forward or post the pattern elsewhere. The pattern is the sole property of Sewplicity®, LLC and copyright protected
What’s In It For Me?
In return, you will receive my extreme gratitude, the chance to try out the pattern before it goes on sale, a cool new bag that you made using the pattern and a free copy of the finalized pattern when it is ready.
How do I become a tester?
If you are interested in testing this bag you can either email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment with the following information:
- Your name and email address
- Your skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Whether or not you have experience installing grommets
- ½ yard medium/heavy weight fabric for exterior
- ½ yard medium/heavy weight fabric for lining
- Optional: 1Fat Quarter medium/heavy weight fabric for contrast interior pocket (if desired you can use the exterior or lining fabric – no extra yardage needed)
- If Using Medium Weight Fabric: 1.5 yards of medium weight fusible interfacing to add strength and structure to quilting weight fabrics. If using home décor fabric you DO NOT need interfacing
- Coordinating thread
- Magnetic Snap
- Eight 3/8” Grommets
- Two 1” metal clasps (lobster or trigger snaps)
- Four 1.25” metal O rings that open (use gate rings or you can even use nice key chain rings)
- Rotary Cutter & Mat
- Ruler/Straight Edge
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Grommet Tool or Pliers
- Turning Tool
- Marking Pen/Pencil
- Hand Sewing Needle
Please know that all requests to be a tester may not be accepted. I only need a handful of people and I will be choosing them by a mix of ability and first-come-first-served basis. I am hoping to confirm my testers by March 9th/10th. Once I fulfill all of my testing spots I will update this post to let you know I do not need anymore. Thank you in advance for your response!