OK…to answer your first question “Who’s Goggi?“. Goggi was my dear German grandmother who lived to the ripe old age of 93. She was one of the funniest, lovliest women I have ever known. Her sense of humor was priceless. I called her “Goggi” when I was a toddler because I couldn’t pronounce “Grandma” and it stuck. Everyone called her “Goggi”, neighbors, friends, family….she probably could have put it on her driver’s license because nobody knew her real name!
Anyway, every summer Goggi would make this scrumptious blueberry treat from fresh blueberries. This thing didn’t stand a chance – there were never leftovers. Never. It actually has some big, long German name, but I wouldn’t even attempt to spell it (I even have a hard time pronouncing it), so I have re-named it Goggi’s Easy Blueberry Tart.
Now…on to the recipe:
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 tbls melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbls sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- cinnamon & sugar (to taste)
- Whisk the egg, flour, sugar and milk adding the milk little by little until you achieve a pancake batter recipe (you may not use all the milk)
- Melt butter in the bottom of the pan
- Pour batter into pan and lay blueberries on top
- Bake at 350′ for about 35 minutes or until the edges turn brown and curl up a bit.
- Cool and top with cinnamon & sugar.
- Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.