Quinoa Stuffed Collard Greens
- 2 cups prepared quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 8-10 Collard Leaves (Blanched and thick part of stem cut out)
- Tomato Sauce
Diced Veggies (Here are the veggies I used, but feel free to use what you have on hand)
- 3 Garlic Scapes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Small Zucchini
- Handful of Corn
- Handful of Spinach
- 1 Carrot
- Sauté your diced veggies in some olive oil. Cook until slightly tender and add to prepared quinoa and mix.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the quinoa mixture onto the back (center/top) side of a prepared collard leaf. Fold the top down over the quinoa, then one side, the other and the bottom. Flip over and place in a baking pan coated with tomato sauce.
- Repeat for all collard leaves.
- Cover stuffed leaves with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350' oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Are you looking for a creative way to eat your collard greens? This may be the answer! Not only is this recipe tasty, but it is jam packed with healthy veggies! You can use any veggies you like, or whatever you have on hand. I used onions. carrots, corn, garlic scapes, zucchini and spinach. Simply sauté them up with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix them in with some prepared quinoa (I like to make my quinoa with chicken broth for more flavor). Prepare your collards by blanching them (Wilt them in hot water for a few minutes and quickly put them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process). They will become the most beautiful deep green color!Then trim out the thick part of the stem. Dry them off and stuff…. Layer them in a pan coated with tomato sauce. Add some tomato sauce to the top and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy without any guilt!