How is that possible? Because these delicious gems of oh-so yummy goodness contain no refined sugar. As a matter of fact they are made up of 3-5 simple ingredients, and you can definitely consider them part of a “Clean Eating” diet.
And just like regular brownies, you can add in any ingredients you want….I happened to have walnuts & coconut on hand, so that’s what I used – but you can use peanut butter, almonds, cacao nibs….you get the idea, right? You have the choice of mixing your additions right into the batter, but I rolled mine in coconut to make them a little less sticky to handle. And since I made 1/2 with nuts and 1/2 without, I topped my nut bites with a little walnut piece so I can tell them apart. Ridiculous….
- 10-12 Medjool Dates
- 3-4 Tbls. CoCoa or Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
- Any other additions you may think of.
- Place dates in a heavy duty blender (I use a Blendtec) with cocoa and vanilla.
- Blend until the consistency becomes that of a thick batter.
- Blend in any additions you want.
- Scoop out onto work surface. Slightly dampen hands and roll into small balls.
- Roll each ball in coconut (if desired).
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.